Wowee that was a mouth full! This chewy brown sugar cookies are rolled in coconut then toasted to perfection before filling the middle with chocolate hazelnut spread. These cookies stayed perfectly soft and chewy for several days after baking! I honestly liked them even better the day after baking. They were delicious warm from the oven, but the brown sugar was so much more prominent the following day.
If you aren’t a fan of coconut you can easily skip it, but I looooooved toasted coconut! Rodelle launched another cookie campaign this year and I am so excited to be a part of it! A lot of the brand ambassadors came together to bring you Cookies By The Dozen ! Check out the link to see all the other cookie recipes!
These are easy to package for gift giving! While the center never truly sets you can layer with parchment paper to avoid a mess. I think they look amazing in cookie tins. I used a healthy amount of Rodelle Vanilla Extract and a sprinkle of the Rodelle Organic Cocoa. These cookies remind me of a super soft chocolate chip cookie, minus the chocolate chips!
- 1 cup of chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 cups of sweet coconut shredded
- 3 eggs room temp
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 tsp of Rodelle Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- In a mixture combined the sugars and butter on medium speed for several minutes until very fluffy
- Add in 1 egg and the vanilla extract
- Add in the flour, cornstarch and salt until just combined
- Roll the dough into uniform balls and place on a baking mat or parchment paper in a pan
- In a bowl mix the remaining eggs
- In another bowl add the coconut
- Dip each dough ball into the egg then the coconut
- Place on the baking sheet and freeze for 3-5 minutes
- Use your finger or a spoon to make an indention in each dough ball
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
- Just until the coconut starts to toast do not over bake
- Let cool then add a spoonful of chocolate hazelnut spread into the indention of each cookie
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder
Don’t forget to check out all the other recipes! Happy baking!