Pizza is a huge hit in our house! We love making it at home and changing up the toppings.
This pizza plays off classic flavors, but it just a little more special with sweet caramelized onions, crispy ground beef, and calabria chilies.
You can use whatever cheese you love, but I really like the Tillamook Italian blend. The thick cut pieces of provolone and mozzarella melt nicely. Then top everything with a handful of fresh herbs!
- Premade crust or dough of your choice. I used the DeLallo pizza dough kit
- 1/2 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 cup of white onions sliced
- 1 cup of marinara
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 3 tbsp of chopped Calabria chilies
- 1 cup of cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped herbs
- Preheat your oven to 450
- Roll out your dough or place premade crust on a baking sheet
- Drizzle olive oil and spread out chopped garlic
- Bake based on package directions and set to side
- In a sauté pan, cook your ground beef
- Drain out the excess fat and add onions, sugar, and butter
- Cook until onions are golden and tender
- Spread marinara and chilies over the crust
- Top with cheese then sprinkle meat and onions over the top
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly
- Top with herbs and enjoy!!!