Every Valentine’s Day I sit and contemplate- wine or brownies? I picked up some of my favorite red wine from Trader Joes and I knew I wanted to do a Merlot infused ganache.
Once I started throwing together the brownie batter I drizzled a little more Merlot into the batter. The result was sooo good. The wine brings out the richness in the chocolate while keeping them so fudgey and moist.
These are honestly even better the next day. Enjoy them with a little cocoa whipped cream or on their own!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 2 tbsp of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of Merlot
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of AP flour
- For the ganache
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp of Merlot
- Finish with sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the eggs.
- Add in the baking soda and flour.
- Lightly mix until incorporated.
- Pour in the Merlot and stir until you have an even batter.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until center is set.
- For the ganache-
- Heat the cream in the microwave for about 40 seconds on high.
- Add the vanilla and chocolate.
- Mix until the chocolate starts to melt.
- Add the Merlot and whisk until smooth.
Happy Valentine’s Day!